|Type||Civil parish, Suburb|
|Located in||Lancashire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Greater Manchester, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Bolton Rural, Lancashire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1898|
|Westhoughton, Lancashire, England||urban district in which it was partly situated 1898-1974|
|Bolton, Lancashire, England||borough in which it was partly situated 1898-1974|
|Bolton (metropolitan borough), Greater Manchester, England||metropolitan borough in which it has been located since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Over Hulton is now a suburb of Westhoughton within the Metropolitan Borough of Bolton, in Greater Manchester, England. It lies 3.5 miles (5.6 km) south west of Bolton town centre.
Historically it was a part of the hundred of Salford in the county of Lancashire. Until the 19th century, Over Hulton was a township in the Parish of Deane. In 1837 Over Hulton along with neighbouring townships (or civil parishes) became part of the Bolton Poor Law Union which took responsibility for the administration and funding of the Poor Law in that area. In 1898 the Daubhill area (re-directed to Bolton) of Over Hulton was added to Bolton Borough and the remainder was added to Westhoughton Urban District.
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia