- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Ousethorpe is a small hamlet in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) north of Pocklington. Since 1935 it has formed part of the civil parish of Millington.
Historically, Ousethorpe was in the ecclesiastical parish of Pocklington in the wapentake of Harthill. From 1894 until 1935, Ousethorpe was a civil parish within the Pocklington Rural District.
- GENUKI on Ousethorpe. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Pocklington provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Ousethorpe.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to three maps of the East Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.