Ottringham is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England, in an area known as Holderness. It is situated approximately to the east of Hull city centre and south-west of Withernsea. It lies on the A1033 road from Hull to Withernsea.
In 1823 parish inhabitants numbered 637. Occupations included twelve farmers, some of whom were land owners, four shoemakers, three grocers, two tailors, two wheelwrights, a blacksmith, a corn miller, a horse dealer, and the landlord of the White Horse public house. Two carriers operated between the village and Hull, South Frodingham, Holmpton, and Skeckling, on Tuesdays and Fridays. Letters were received and sent on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays by Wing's caravan [accommodation coach]. A Methodist chapel existed, built in 1815.
During the Second World War, in 1943, the BBC built a transmitting station at Ottringham, called BBC Ottringham or OSE5. Its purpose was to counter the increase in German jamming signals, and to broadcast propaganda into Germany. Following the end of the war, and with lack of funds, the station was deconstructed in 1953 and its transmitters moved to Droitwich.
Ottringham contains two public houses and a service garage. It is close to a main bus route.