Place:Oldberrow, Warwickshire, England

Watchers
NameOldberrow
TypeParish
Coordinates52.28°N 1.82°W
Located inWarwickshire, England     (1896 - )
Also located inWorcestershire, England     ( - 1896)
See alsoBlackenhurst (hundred), Worcestershire, Englandhundred of which the parish was a part
Alcester Rural, Warwickshire, Englandrural district of which it was part 1896-1974
Stratford-on-Avon (district), Warwickshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Oldberrow is a village since 1974 in the Stratford-on-Avon District of Warwickshire, England. The parish was part of Worcestershire until 1896, when it was transferred to Warwickshire, into which county it penetrated. It was located between Morton-Baggott and Ullenhall and was a narrow strip some 3 miles (4.8 km) long by about ½ mile wide. The land slopes from 513 ft (156 m) at Oldberrow Hill in the north-west to about 275 ft (84 m) in the south-east. There is no village, but the church, rectory, and the Court lie at the crossing of four small roads. It is now part of the modern parish of Morton Baggott, Oldberrow and Spernall which in 2001 had a population of 153.

See the outline map at Historical Jurisdictions on Family Search. (It is necessary to re-type the name of the parish you are searching for.)

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Oldberrow. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.