|Alt names||Westune||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 141|
|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||Huntingdonshire, England ( - 1965)|
|Also located in||Huntingdon and Peterborough, England (1965 - 1974)|
|Cambridgeshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Thrapston Rural, Huntingdonshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Huntingdon Rural, Huntingdonshire, England||rural district into which it was transferred 1935-1974|
|Huntingdonshire District, Cambridgeshire, England||district municipality of which it has been part since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Until 1965 the village of Old Weston was located in the County of Huntingdonshire. After mergers in 1965 and 1974 the county became part of Cambridgeshire.
Old Weston was a civil parish in Thrapston Rural District until 1935 when the rural district was abolished. Old Weston was transferred to Huntingdonshire Rural District where it remained until 1974.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Old Weston.
- Original historical documents relating to Huntingdonshire are held by Cambridgeshire Archives and Local Studies at the County Record Office in Huntingdon.
- A History of the County of Huntingdon in 3 volumes from British History Online (Victoria County Histories), published 1911. This is by far the most complete history of the parishes of the county to be found online. The chapters are ordered by the divisions of the county called hundreds, but each chapter is linked to the volume's content page.
- GENUKI has a page on Huntingdonshire and pages for each of the ecclesiastical parishes in the county. These give references to other organizations who hold genealogical information for the local area.
- The FamilyTree Wiki has a series of pages similar to those provided by GENUKI which may have been prepared at a later date.
- A Vision of Britain through Time, section "Units and Statistics" leads to analyses of population and organization of the county from about 1800 through 1974. There are pages available for all civil parishes, municipal boroughs and other administrative divisions.
- Map of Huntingdonshire divisions in 1888 produced by UK Ordnance Survey and provided online by A Vision of Britain through Time
- Map of Huntingdonshire divisions in 1944 produced by UK Ordnance Survey and provided online by A Vision of Britain through Time