Place:Old City Cemetery, Paris, Lamar, Texas, United States

NameOld City Cemetery
Located inParis, Lamar, Texas, United States
Also located inLamar, Texas, United States    

Established on his land c.1845 by George W. Wright, son of Claiborne Wright and founder of Paris. (He was buried here in 1877.) It was the town's primary burial ground until after the Civil War and is therefore Paris's "pioneer cemetery." A number of CSA soldiers who died in the measles epidemic of 1862 are buried here as well. When Evergreen Cemetery (a/k/a "the New Cemetery") was established in 1866, numerous graves were exhumed here and re-interred there.