|Alt names||Bucham||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 187|
|Bucheham||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 187|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||Shropham Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Guiltcross Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1902|
|Wayland Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1902-1974|
|Breckland District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Old Buckenham is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk, approximately 29 km (18 mi) south-west of Norwich. It covers an area of 20.06 km2 (7.75 sq mi) and had a population of 1,294 in 658 households at the 2001 UK census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of Breckland.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Old Buckenham.
Also, A Vision of Britain through Time provides some historical details from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Old Buckenham. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Old Buckenham, Norfolk, England | Shropham Hundred, Norfolk, England | Guiltcross Rural, Norfolk, England | Wayland Rural, Norfolk, England | Breckland District, Norfolk, England