|Alt names||North Warnborough||source: manor and hamlet in parish|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Holdshot Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located until 1834|
|Odiham Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located after 1834|
|Hartley Wintney Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Hart District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Odiham is a large historic village and civil parish in the Hart District of Hampshire. The 21st century population is around 4,400. The parish has an area of 7,354 acres with 50 acres covered with water. The nearest railway station is at Hook, on the London and South Western Railway. In the nineteenth century the Hundred of Odiham was named after the village. It is situated slightly south of the M3 motorway and approximately midway between the north Hampshire towns of Fleet and Basingstoke, some 41 miles (66 km) southwest of London.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Odiham.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Odiham.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Odiham, Hampshire, England | Holdshot Hundred, Hampshire, England | Odiham Hundred, Hampshire, England | Hartley Wintney Rural, Hampshire, England | Hart District, Hampshire, England