The road between Henley on Thames and Wallingford passes through the parish just north of the village. It was made into a turnpike in 1736 and ceased to be a turnpike in 1873. It is now classified the A4130 road.
William Richard Morris, 1st Viscount Nuffield (1877-1963), known as Sir William Morris, Bt, between 1929 and 1934 and as The Lord Nuffield between 1934 and 1938, was a British motor manufacturer and philanthropist. He was the founder of Morris Motors Limited and is remembered as the founder of the Nuffield Foundation, the Nuffield Trust and Nuffield College, Oxford. He took his title, Lord Nuffield, from the village of Nuffield where he lived.