Norwood Green has been since 1965 an area in the London Borough of Ealing in Greater London, England. It is a suburban development situated 10.7 miles (17.2 km) west of Charing Cross (a point considered to be the centre of London from which distances are measured) and 4 miles (6.4 km) northeast of Heathrow Airport. It lends its name to a much larger electoral ward within Ealing, which has a population of 12,500.
Norwood Green is the modern name for the old hamlet called Norwood in the manor of Norwood; this name in turn derives from the Saxon settlement name of "Northuuda".
The manor of Norwood was in the parish of Hounslow until 1859 when the church of St. Mary became the parish church for a new parish that also took the name Norwood. This new parish encompassed also the hamlets of Southall and Northcotte. Norwood was historically a chapelry in the parish of Hayes, but became a separate parish in the middle ages.
In 1894, under the Local Government Act 1894, Norwood Green formed part of the Southall Norwood Urban District of Middlesex. The urban district gained further status as a municipal borough in 1936 and was renamed Southall. When the municipal borough was abolished in 1965, under the London Government Act 1963, the area became part of the London Borough of Ealing.