- source: Family History Library Catalog
Norwood Green is a small village situated between Bradford, Halifax and Huddersfield. The area was in the West Riding of Yorkshire until 1974; the area is now renamed West Yorkshire, England. Coley is a neighbouring hamlet. The two were made a civil parish in 1894 as part of Hipperholme with Brighouse. The area was part of Halifax Rural District from 1894 until 1937 and was absorbed by Brighouse Municipal Borough on the abolition of the rural district.
Since 1974 the parish has been part of the Metropolitan Borough of Calderdale.