|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Isle of Wight, England (1890 - 1933)|
|Also located in||Hampshire, England ( - 1890)|
|See also||West Medina Liberty, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Isle of Wight Rural, Isle of Wight, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1933|
|Newport, Isle of Wight, England||municipal borough into which it was transferred in 1933|
|Medina District, Isle of Wight, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-1995|
|Isle of Wight (council), Isle of Wight, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area since 1995|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Northwood is a village and on the Isle of Wight, England located south of the town of Cowes. It has been occupied for about 1000 years. The Church of St. John the Baptist in Northwood, was first built between the 11th and 13th centuries.
Northwood was a civil parish which included the town of Cowes until 1894. In 1933 the Northwood civil parish was absorbed into the neighbouring parish and county town of Newport.
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Isle of Wight, England | Northwood, Isle of Wight, England | West Medina Liberty, Hampshire, England | Isle of Wight Rural, Isle of Wight, England | Newport, Isle of Wight, England | Medina District, Isle of Wight, England | Isle of Wight (council), Isle of Wight, England