North Weald Bassett is a civil parish in the Epping Forest district of Essex, England. Other than the village of North Weald it also includes Foster Street, Hastingwood, Thornwood, Thornwood Common and Tyler's Green. It is a rural parish located approximately 20 miles northeast of London. As at the 2001 census the population was 6,039. There were 2,387 households, with an average household size of 2.45.
The parish was part of the Epping Rural District from 1894 until 1955, the Epping and Ongar Rural District from 1955 to 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Epping Forest District of Essex. In 1949 it gained substantial area when the neighbouring parishes of Latton and Great Parndon were absorbed into it.