|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Overton Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located until 1834|
|Holdshot Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located after 1834|
|Basingstoke Rural, Hampshire, England|||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Basingstoke and Deane District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
North Waltham is a village and civil parish in the borough of Basingstoke and Deane in Hampshire, England. It is located around 6 miles (9.6 km) southwest of Basingstoke and just north of the M3 motorway. In the 2001 UK census it had a population of 840, and in the 2011 census, 870.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on North Waltham.
- There is a North Waltham, Steventon, Ashe and Deane Historical Society. (Courtesy: North Waltham Village Website)
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | North Waltham, Hampshire, England | Overton Hundred, Hampshire, England | Holdshot Hundred, Hampshire, England | Basingstoke Rural, Hampshire, England | Basingstoke and Deane District, Hampshire, England