North Newbald is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. Since 1935 North Newbald, along with the hamlet of South Newbald, forms the civil parish of Newbald. Formerly they were individual parishes.
It is a village consisting of roughly 800 people both young and old, and is situated approximately 13 miles (21 km) north-west of Hull city centre, 3 miles (4.8 km) north of South Cave and 3.5 miles (5.6 km) south of Market Weighton. It lies to the east of the A1034 road.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.