The park of North Mimms Place and Brookmans Park enclose large areas of the parish. Even the parish church (St. Mary's) stands in the park of North Mimms; in it is a chapel, the burialplace of the Coningsbys. There is a monument to Robert Knolles, also of North Mimms Place, dated 1458, and a brass to a priest. There is a large monument to Lord Somers, also Baron Evesham (d. 1716), and lord chancellor in the time of William III. The monument was erected by his sister, Lady Elizabeth Jekyll.
North Mymms Place
The Jacobean-style house of 1599 belonged to the Coningsby family. During the ownership of Thomas Coningsby (d. 1625), a Royalist leader in Hertfordshire, the house was plundered by the Parliamentarians during the English Civil War. Later North Mimms Park belonged to the Hyde family. The house is famous for its collection of tapestries and for its panelling and fittings. An early 17th-century painted frieze of the "Nine Worthies" was rediscovered in the 20th century.
The park includes the former park of Gobions (demolished) once the property of Sir Thomas More. A lofty castellated gateway in the park is now called "The Folly". In 1956 North Mymms Parish Council acquired the land and the lake now known as Gobions Open Space. (There is an article in Wikipedia.)
The hamlet of Bell Bar and the village of Welham Green are also in the parish.