North Glengarry is a township in eastern Ontario, Canada, in the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry. It is a predominantly rural area located between Ottawa-Gatineau, Montreal and Cornwall-Massena.
The current township of North Glengarry was created on 1 January 1998, by amalgamating the former townships of Kenyon and Lochiel with the villages of Maxville and Alexandria.
The map of Glengarry County circa 1951 from Ontario Archives locates the communities and physical features of the county. (Click at the bottom of the page to see the map enlarged.)
A sketchmap from Ontario GenWeb gives a more visible outline of the townships.
To avoid confusion, the modern-day administrative areas formed from historical townships and previously incorporated towns and villages are described here as municipalities.
Most family history material will be found under the names of the original townships.