|Alt names||Dufeld||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 308|
|Dufelt||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 308|
|Nortdufelt||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 308|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||East Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Riccal Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which North Duffield was situated 1894-1935|
|Derwent Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which North Duffield was situated 1935-1974|
|Selby District, North Yorkshire, England||administrative district of which North Duffield has been a part since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
North Duffield is a village and civil parish now located in the Selby District of North Yorkshire, England. It lies about 7 km north-east of Selby on the A163 road from Selby to Market Weighton. The River Derwent forms the eastern boundary of the parish.
North Duffield has an area of around 4081 hectares (according to 2001 UK Census data) and there are approximately 1800 residents in the village.
From 1894 until 1935, North Duffield was located in Riccal Rural District. In 1935 the Rical Rural District was abolished and its place was taken by Derwent Rural District which administered the local area until the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974. Since 1974, North Duffield has been in the Selby District of North Yorkshire.
Historically, North Duffield was in the ecclesiastical parish of Skipwith in the wapentake of Ouse and Derwent.
- GENUKI on Beswick. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Skipwith provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Beswick.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to three maps of the East Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
Categories: East Riding of Yorkshire, England | North Yorkshire, England | Riccal Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Derwent Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Ouse and Derwent Wapentake, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | North Duffield, East Riding of Yorkshire, England