Place:Newton-on-Ouse, North Riding of Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameNewton-on-Ouse
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates54.0339°N 1.219°W
Located inNorth Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
Also located inNorth Yorkshire, England     (1974 - )
Yorkshire, England    
See alsoEasingwold Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, Englandrural district in which the parish was located 1894-1974
Hambleton District, North Yorkshire, Englandadministrative district in which it is now located
source: Family History Library Catalog


Newton-on-Ouse is a village and civil parish in the Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, England, about 7 miles (11 km) north-west of York. It lies on the east bank of the River Ouse.

Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Newton-on-Ouse was part of Easingwold Rural District. Historically, it was an ecclesiastical parish in the Bulmer Wapentake.

For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Newton-on-Ouse.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Newton-on-Ouse. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.