Newton-upon-Derwent or Newton on Derwent is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 5 miles (8 km) west of Pocklington and 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the A1079 at Wilberfoss. It lies 1 mile (1.6 km) east of the River Derwent after which the village takes its name. Its 21st century population is about 300.
Historically, Newton-upon-Derwent was in the ecclesiastical parish of Wilberfoss in the wapentake of Harthill. From 1894 until 1935, Newton-upon-Derwent was a civil parish in Pocklington Rural District. In 1935 it was abolished and the area absorbed by the neighbouring civil parish of Wilberfoss.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Newton upon Derwent.