Place:Newton-le-Willows, North Riding of Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameNewton-le-Willows
Alt namesNewton le Willowssource: GENUKI
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates54.302°N 1.6708°W
Located inNorth Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
Also located inYorkshire, England    
North Yorkshire, England     (1974 - )
See alsoLeyburn Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, Englandrural district of which the parish was a part 1894-1974
Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, Englanddistrict municipality in which it has been situated since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Newton-le-Willows is a village and civil parish in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire, England, 3 miles (4.8 km) west of Bedale.

Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Newton-le-Willows was located in Leyburn Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Patrick Brompton in the Hang West Wapentake.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Newton-le-Willows, North Yorkshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.