Newton-in-Bowland is now a village in Lancashire, England, formerly known as Newton-on-Hodder. It lies in the civil parish of Newton, which in 2001 had a population of 237, according to the United Kingdom Census. The township covers almost 6000 acres of the Forest of Bowland.
The village pub - The Parkers Arms - takes its name from the neighbouring Parker family of Browsholme Hall. For many generations, the Parkers have served the Lords of Bowland as Bowbearers of the Forest of Bowland.
Historically, Newton-in-Bowland was in the ecclesiastical parish of Slaidburn in Staincliffe Wapentake. From 1894 until 1974, Newton-in-Bowland was located in Bowland Rural District. In 1974 the area became part of the |Ribble Valley District in Lancashire.