Newquay (Cornish: Tewynblustri) is a town, civil parish, seaside resort and fishing port in Cornwall, England. It is situated on the North Atlantic coast of Cornwall approximately 20 miles (32 km) west of Bodmin and 12 miles (19 km) north of Truro.
The town is bounded to the west by the River Gannel and its associated salt marsh, and to the east by the Porth Valley. Newquay has been expanding inland (south) since it was founded.
In 2001, the census recorded a permanent population of 19,562.
Newquay was an urban district from 1894 until 1974. In 1934 it was enlarged by the abolition of St. Columb Major Rural District when it absorbed parts of the civil parishes of Crantock Rural, St. Mawgan, and St. Columb Minor, a total of 3734 acres. Prior to this it had absorbed the civil parish of Crantock Urban. (Source: A Vision of Britain through Time)
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Newquay.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.