The parish church, St. Mary's, dates mainly from the Victorian era, but still has a Norman window. Zion Chapel, a Strict Baptist chapel, was built in 1834 and converted to flats in 2001. Newick Evangelical Free Church, originally a mission hall, opened in 1892.
The village is home to three pubs (The Crown Inn, The Royal Oak, and The Bull Inn), one restaurant (Newick Tandoori), a butcher, a baker, a pharmacy, as well as a number of other businesses. There is also a primary school, a health centre, a village hall known originally as the 'Derek Hall', and a post office.