- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Newham from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "NEWHAM, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; on the Northeastern railway, 5½ miles S E of Belford. It has a station on the railway. Acres: 2,568. Population: 328. Houses: 57. The manor belongs to the Duke of Northumberland."
In 1955 Newham was abolished as a civil parish and the area absorbed into the parish of Ellingham.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.