|Name||Newhall (near Nantwich)|
|Alt names||Newhall||source: local form|
|Aston in Newhall||source: hamlet in parish|
|Aston Heath||source: hamlet in parish|
|Barnett Brook||source: hamlet in parish|
|Brown's Bank||source: hamlet in parish|
|Dodd's Green||source: hamlet in parish|
|Grandford||source: hamlet in parish|
|Grindley Green||source: hamlet in parish|
|Hollingreen||source: hamlet in parish|
|Kingswood Green||source: hamlet in parish|
|Maiden Estate||source: hamlet in parish|
|Salesbrook||source: hamlet in parish|
|Sheppenhall||source: hamlet in parish|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Wrenbury, Cheshire, England||ancient parish of which it was a township|
|Nantwich Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Crewe and Nantwich District, Cheshire, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
|Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area since 2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Newhall (near Nantwich) is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. The village lies 3½ miles to the west of Audlem and 5 miles to the southwest of Nantwich. The parish also includes the village of Aston in Newhall, and the small settlements of Aston Heath, Barnett Brook, Brown's Bank, Dodd's Green, Grandford, Grindley Green, Hollingreen, Kingswood Green, Maiden Estate, Salesbrook, Sheppenhall and part of Sandford (redirected to the adjacent parish of [[Place:Broomhall, Cheshire, England|Broomhall}}. Nearby villages include Audlem and Wrenbury.
According to the 2001 census, the parish had a population of 669.
- GENUKI provides the following information
Newhall (near Nantwich) was a township in Wrenbury ancient parish in Nantwich Hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. The ancient parish church for the greater part of the township of Newhall (near Nantwich) was St. Margaret's in Wrenbury. The ancient parish church for the smaller part of the township of Newhall (near Nantwich) was St. James the Great in Audlem. The church of St. Mary the Virgin & St. Michael in Burleydam (founded in 1735 as a chapel of ease to St. Margaret's in Wrenbury) became a district church for part of Newhall in 1869. There was also a Wesleyan Methodist chapel built in 1835 in Dodd's Green and another Wesleyan Methodist chapel built in 1866 in Aston.
The population was 819 in 1801, 891 in 1851, 718 in 1901 and 720 in 1951.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Newhall (near Nantwich), Cheshire, England | Wrenbury cum Frith, Cheshire, England | Nantwich Hundred, Cheshire, England | Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England | Crewe and Nantwich District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England