Newcastle is a city in Young County, Texas, United States. Following the beginning of coal mining in 1908, the town was established and named for the English coal town, Newcastle upon Tyne. Coal mining had ended by 1942. The population was 575 at the 2000 census.
Beginning in 1906, the Wichita Falls and Southern Railroad, one of the numerous Frank Kell and Joseph A. Kemp properties, connected Wichita Falls with the coal fields in Newcastle. The WF&S was later acquired and consolidated with other shorter lines by the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad.