Place:Newbyth, King Edward, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Watchers


NameNewbyth
Alt namesNew Bythsource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeVillage
Coordinates57.5786°N 2.2992°W
Located inKing Edward, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
source: Family History Library Catalog


Newbyth is a village in the south-east of King Edward parish in northern Aberdeenshire. It was established in 1764 by James Urquhart, Esq. on his estate of Byth. A kirk was built in 1793 as a chapel of ease, and rebuilt in 1851. In 1867, it was raised to quoad sacra status.


Research Tips