Newburn Hall was a township in the ancient parish of Newburn and became a separate civil parish in 1866. It was to the south of Newburn itself and enclosed on three sides by the River Tyne (and County Durham). From 1894 until 1935 it was considered a civil parish within the Urban District of Newburn, and in 1935 it was absorbed into the civil parish of Newburn itself. Newburn became part of the Newcastle upon Tyne in Northumberland in 1935 and of the City of Newcastle upon Tyne in Tyne and Wear in 1974.
There is no article in Wikipedia nor is there a gazetteer excerpt in A Vision of Britain through Time.