Place:Newburn Hall, Northumberland, England

NameNewburn Hall
Alt namesNewburn-Hallsource: spelling variation
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Located inNorthumberland, England
See alsoNewburn, Northumberland, Englandancient parish in which it was a township
Castle Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Newburn, Northumberland, Englandurban district of which it was a part until 1935 when it was absorbed into Newburn parish
source: Family History Library Catalog

Since 1974 Newburn Hall is an area in the City of Newcastle upon Tyne in the English county of Tyne and Wear.

Newburn Hall was a township in the ancient parish of Newburn and became a separate civil parish in 1866. It was to the south of Newburn itself and enclosed on three sides by the River Tyne (and County Durham). From 1894 until 1935 it was considered a civil parish within the Urban District of Newburn, and in 1935 it was absorbed into the civil parish of Newburn itself. Newburn became part of the Newcastle upon Tyne in Northumberland in 1935 and of the City of Newcastle upon Tyne in Tyne and Wear in 1974.

There is no article in Wikipedia nor is there a gazetteer excerpt in A Vision of Britain through Time.

Research Tips

  • Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.