|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England ( - 1955)|
|See also||Eglingham, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Coquetdale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Glendale Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Bewick, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of New Bewick' and Old Bewick from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BEWICK (New and Old), two townships in Eglingham parish, Northumberland; on Harehope burn, 7 ½ and 6½ miles SE of Wooler. Acres: 1,125 and 5,487. Population: 77 and 204. Houses: 16 and 35. Two ancient British camps, and the Cateran's or Robber's hole, are here."
New Bewick was a township in the ancient parish of Eglingham. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1955 it was part of Glendale Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the newly formed parish of Bewick.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | New Bewick, Northumberland, England | Eglingham, Northumberland, England | Coquetdale Ward, Northumberland, England | Glendale Rural, Northumberland, England | Bewick, Northumberland, England