|Alt names||Neteham||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 124|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Holybourne, Hampshire, England||ancient parish in which it was a tything|
|Alton Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Alton Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1932|
|Holybourne, Hampshire, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1932|
|East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Neatham is now a hamlet in the civil parish of Holybourne in the East Hampshire District of Hampshire, England. Its nearest town is Alton, which lies 1.6 miles (2.6 km) south-west from the hamlet.
- end of Wikipedia contribution
Neatham was originally a tything in the parish of Holybourne. In 1870 it had a population of 57 in 8 houses. (Source: John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales as quoted in "A Vision of Britain through Time") It was a civil parish until 1932 when it was re-absorbed into Holybourne.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Neatham, Hampshire, England | Alton Hundred, Hampshire, England | Alton Rural, Hampshire, England | Holybourne, Hampshire, England | East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England