Place:Nayland with Wissington, Suffolk, England

NameNayland with Wissington
TypeCivil parish
Coordinates51.97°N 0.858°E
Located inSuffolk, England     (1884 - 1952)
See alsoBabergh Hundred, Suffolk, Englandhundred in which it was located
Nayland, Suffolk, Englandchapelry making up the civil parish
Wissington, Suffolk, Englandchapelry making up the civil parish
Leavenheath, Suffolk, Englandcivil parish replacing Nayland with Wissington in 1952
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

The Nayland with Wissington parish comprises Nayland village and the adjoining rural village of Wissington (these days usually referred to as 'Wiston' by local residents). They were originally two separate parishes and were united into one civil parish in 1884. The ecclesiastical parishes remain separate.

Nayland and Wiston lie on the northern bank of the River Stour which divides Essex and Suffolk in England. The parish was abolished in 1952 and the new civil parish of Leavenheath was created in its stead.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Nayland-with-Wissington. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.