According to A Vision of Britain through Time Nayland was a chapelry before 1844, but the parish in which the chapelry was located is not identified. In 1884 it combined with the parish of Wissington to become the parish of Nayland with Wissington. The two ecclesiastical parishes remain separate.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Nayland. This is an extended history of the two villages written by a woman from Wissington. (too long to copy; well worth a read)