Mullica Township is a township in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township's population was 6,147 reflecting an increase of 235 (+4.0%) from the 5,912 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 16 (+0.3%) from the 5,896 counted in the 1990 Census.
Mullica Township was incorporated as a township by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 13, 1838, from the western section of Galloway Township. Egg Harbor City was created from portions of the township on June 14, 1858, while the Town of Hammonton was created and split off on March 5, 1866.
The township and its river were named after Eric Pålsson Mullica, an early Finnish settler born in 1636 who founded a homestead on the river after moving there from the vicinity of Philadelphia, and who later moved to Mullica Hill in Gloucester County. When used as a common noun, is the Finnish term for a bull calf.