|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Tarvin, Cheshire, England||ancient parish in which the township was located until 1866|
|Eddisbury Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Chester City District, Cheshire, England||district in which it was located 1974-2009|
|Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England||unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Mouldsworth is a village and civil parish on the outskirts of Chester in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It is located about 8 miles north east of Chester City Centre on the B5393 road. The nearest villages are Manley to the northwest and Ashton Hayes to the south west. The Delamere Forest is situated to the east of the village. At the 2001 Census the population was recorded at 302.
Mouldsworth was a township in Tarvin ancient parish in Eddisbury Hundred. The township became a civil parish in 1866. The population was 142 in 1801, 158 in 1851, 172 in 1901, and 260 in 1951. (Source: GENUKI)
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Eddisbury Hundred, Cheshire, England | Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England | Chester City District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England | Tarvin, Cheshire, England | Mouldsworth, Cheshire, England