Motcombe is a village and civil parish in the county of Dorset in southern England, United Kingdom. It lies in the North Dorset administrative district, about north of the town of Shaftesbury. It is sited on Kimmeridge clay soil beneath hills at the edge of the Blackmore Vale. The parish is one of the largest in Dorset. In the 2001 Census the village had a population of 1,404.
In 1905 Sir Frederick Treves described Motcombe as "a hamlet of gardens at the foot of the hill" and wrote of the village houses that they "are facing all ways, as if they were shy of the road or were undecided which way to turn." The parish church of St Mary was rebuilt in 1846, although its font dates from Norman times.