|Name||Moston (near Chester)|
|Alt names||The Dale||source: hamlet in parish|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Chester St. Mary-on-the-Hill, Cheshire, England||ancient parish in which the township was located|
|Broxton Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was situated|
|Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England||unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Moston is a small village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It is situated in the northeast of the city of Chester, close to the Shropshire Union Canal and the A41 trunk road between Chester and Birkenhead. At the 2001 UK Census, Moston had a population of 680.
Including the hamlet of The Dale, Moston was a township in St. Mary-on-the-Hill Parish of the Broxton Hundred. The population was 14 in 1801, 14 in 1851, 51 in 1901 and 850 in 1951.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Broxton Hundred, Cheshire, England | Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England | Chester St. Mary-on-the-Hill, Cheshire, England | Moston (near Chester), Cheshire, England