- source: Family History Library Catalog
Morton was a civil parish in Guisborough Rural District from 1894 until 1932 when it was absorbed into Guisborough Urban District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Ormesby in the Langbargh Wapentake.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides this description from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "MORTON, a township in Ormsby parish, [North Riding of] Yorkshire; 4 miles NE of Stokesley. Acres: 990. Real property: £1057. Pop[ulation]: 47. Houses: 6."