Morristown is a town in St. Lawrence County, New York, United States. The population was 1,974 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Gouverneur Morris, a signer of the United States Declaration of Independence and landowner in New York.
The town, part of Macomb's Purchase, was first settled permanently around 1808 on the site of the present Morristown village.
One of the first battles in the War of 1812 was a naval battle in the St. Lawrence River between two warships.
Due to the lack of waterpower, a windmill was erected in 1825.