|Name||Morley St. Peter|
|Alt names||Morley-St. Peter|
|Morley Saint Peter|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Morley, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1935-1974|
|South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Morley St. Peter from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "MORLEY-ST.PETER, a parish in Forehoe [registration] district, Norfolk; 3 miles NNE of Attleborough [railway] station, and 3½ SW of Wymondham. Post town: Wymondham. Acres: 1,015. Real property: £1,956. Population: 147. Houses: 34. The property is divided among a few. Morley House and much of the land belong to J. B. G. Browne, Esq. The living is a [perpetual] curacy, annexed to the rectory of Morley-St. Botolph, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is good; and consists of nave and chancel, with a low tower."
Morley St. Peter was an ancient parish, then an civil parish in Norfolk until 1935 when it was abolished and absorbed into a new civil parish of Morley which also included its sister parish of Morley St. Botolph.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Morley St. Peter. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Morley St. Peter, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England | Morley, Norfolk, England | South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England