Records are located at Highland Park Cemetery and at the Western Reserve Historical Society.
"In January 1836, Barber and Lord sold a six-acre parcel for $160 that was to be used "forever as a public burying ground." When Ohio City incorporated, the township cemetery became the city cemetery. Ohio City's council established the cemetery's rules and regulations, appointed a sexton, arranged for the ground to be platted, and purchased a hearse. After annexation by Cleveland, the cemetery became known as "the west side cemetery" and, later, the Monroe Street Cemetery. Under Cleveland's charge, the cemetery was landscaped, protected by patrolmen, and fenced to keep out wandering hogs. Until the late 1890s, Monroe Street was the only public cemetery on Cleveland's west side. Architect Joseph Ireland designed the cemetery's Gothic Revival gateway arch (1874). Architect Walter Blythe designed the cemetery's gatehouse, also in the Gothic Revival style (1876)." (Source: Ohio Historical Society Marker)
3207 Monroe Street