A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Mollington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
In 1086 (year of the Domesday Book), Mollington was partly in three counties: Oxfordshire, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire. Later the village was only in Oxfordshire and Warwickshire, and in 1895 the Warwickshire part was transferred to Oxfordshire by the Local Government Act 1894. Mollington, although included in Cropredy parish which is in the Banbury Hundred, also lay in Bloxham Hundred.
A Vision of Britain through Time states that Mollington first became a separate civil parish in 1866.
Victoria County History of Oxfordshire, volume 9, chapter on Cropredy includes references to Mollington.