|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Oxfordshire, England|
|See also||Ploughley Hundred, Oxfordshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Bicester Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Ploughley Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1932-1974|
|Cherwell District, Oxfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Mixbury is a village and civil parish in the Cherwell District of Oxfordshire, England, about 2.5 miles (4 km) southeast of Brackley in Northamptonshire.
An open field system of farming prevailed in the parish until 1730. Evidence suggests that it may have begun with two fields, but by the latter part of the 17th century it had been reorganised as a more efficient three-field system. The fields were Middle Field, Sandfield and West Field. Mixbury's enclosure act was passed in 1729 and the enclosure award was made the next year. This is by far the earliest enclosure act for an Oxfordshire parish: the next was not passed until 1758. The area enclosed under the act was about 2,000 acres (810 ha); land enclosed before 1729 by agreement without the need for an act had been about 445 acres (180 ha).
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Mixbury.
Categories: Oxfordshire, England | Mixbury, Oxfordshire, England | Ploughley Hundred, Oxfordshire, England | Bicester Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Ploughley Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Cherwell District, Oxfordshire, England