Milltown stands roughly four miles from Killorglin. Milltown is packed with six pubs, three take-away restaurants,a bakery, a vet, a butcher's shop, a local church, three schools and a thriving mart. Milltown itself hosts a number of annual festivals and events including the World Bodhrán Championships. Fr. Gerard o Leary is the parish priest.
The village has grown substantially in the last number of years similar to other villages in Kerry such as Firies and Lixnaw with a number of housing development being built. The Census 2011 results showed that Milltown was the fastest growing village in Kerry between 2006 and 2011 whereby its population more than doubled from 401 to 838.
The Milltown Halt railway station opened on 1 November 1886 and finally closed on 1 February 1960.
Contributor John G Knightly shares this information: "Bushfield House, known as Kilcoleman Abbey from circa 1820, was remodeled for the first Baronet, Sir William Godfrey in the 1770s after the original Bushfield House was destroyed by fire. Recent research indicates that the new Bushfield was constructed from the remains of an older tower house on lands that originally belonged to the MacCarthy Mor. More or less abandoned from 1800 to 1818, the house was renovated under the second Baronet, Sir John Godfrey, according to ambitious plans drawn up by the famous architect, William Vitruvius Morrison. However the general economic decline of the 1820s and family misfortunes meant that only the stables and service wing, with its flemish gables, were completed as planned. Later, in the early 1840s, the third Baronet Sir William Duncan Godfrey further modified the main block of the house, adding an attic storey, a turret emblazoned with the Red Hand of Ulster, the traditional shield of a Baronet and assorted gables, pinnacles and buttresses. Inside the main reception rooms were remodeled in the then popular Gothic style with fine plasterwork by local craftmen, making liberal use of the Godfrey crest. The entrance hall was dominated by a fine bust of Eleanor, Lady Godfrey carved in Florence in 1817. The house was the centre of a 6,000-acre estate and was lived in continually by the Godfrey family until 1958. The last owner, Miss Phyllis Godfrey, confronted by a dreadful infestation of dry rot, was eventually forced to abandon the house for the gate lodge where she died in December 1959. The house was eventually demolished in the 1970s despite some valiant attempts to save it." In 2012 dan "the man" flan burnt down the parochial house and ran to listry