Millet in a town in central Alberta, Canada. It is located approximately south of Alberta's capital city of Edmonton. The town has won nationally in the Communities in Bloom competition and markets its beautiful setting.
The Town of Millet was named in honour of August Millet, who was believed to be a canoeist for Father Lacombe. On June 17, 1903, Millet was proclaimed a village by an Order-in-Council of the Northwest Territories. By 1908, Millet's first councillors were elected.
In October 1927, a disastrous fire destroyed many of the buildings along the east side of Railway Street.
In 1950, the Board of Trade built a community hall and gave it to the Village. The hall is still being used today. In 1953, Northwestern Utilities brought natural gas to the Village. Griffiths Scott School was built in 1982, and a Senior Citizens Apartment was completed in 1983. On September 1, 1983, Millet was declared a town, and "Coming to Town" celebrations were held on October 15, 1983.