The village extends from the West Berkshire Crematorium in the west to New Road Hill in the east, Midgham Marsh to the south of the A4 road and Midgham Green to the north.
Midgham was anciently a Township in Thatcham parish and is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086. Relatively little is known of the medieval history of the parish.
Midgham includes Midgham Park which from 1947 until 1955 was the Earl of Clarendon's estate. Midgham has a Village Green which is run by the Parish Council and a Village Hall run by its own committee. As of 2010, the Village Hall has a new management committee who have begun to make improvements to enable the venue to be used more frequently and for a wider variety of community events.