Middop is now a rural hamlet and civil parish in Lancashire, England. It is in Ribble Valley District. Middop is near the villages of Rimington and Gisburn and approximately 8 miles (13 km) north-east of its post town, Clitheroe. It shares its parish council with Rimington. In the 2001 United Kingdom census, Middop had a population of 43.
Historically, Middop was in the ecclesiastical parish of Gisburn in Staincliffe Wapentake. From 1894 until 1974, Middop was located in Bowland Rural District. It was transferred to Lancashire in 1974.