Place:Middleton Hall, Northumberland, England

NameMiddleton Hall
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates55.523°N 2.0201°W
Located inNorthumberland, England
See alsoIlderton, Northumberland, Englandancient parish in which it was a township
Coquetdale Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Glendale Rural, Northumberland, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1955
Earle, Northumberland, Englandcivil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955
source: Family History Library Catalog

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Middleton Hall from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"MIDDLETON-HALL, a township in Ilderton parish, Northumberland; 1½ mile S by W of Wooler. Acres: 1,101. Population: 73. Houses: 10. The property belongs to Greenwich hospital."

Middleton Hall was a township in the ancient parish of Ilderton. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1955 it was part of Glendale Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the parish of Earle.

Research Tips