Middleton is a village in Suffolk, England. It is located approximately 3 miles (5 km) north-west of Leiston, 5 miles (8 km) north east of Saxmundham and 3 miles (5 km) from the North Sea. The village is on the B1122 2 miles (3 km) east of Yoxford and had a population of 359 at the 2001 UK census, falling to 343 at the 2011 census.
The parish church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Fordley from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
Middleton with Fordley
According to A Vision of Britain through Time Fordley ceased to be an ancient parish by 1535 (the same date as the Dissolution of the Monasteries) and became a "hamlet". As Wilson states above in his Gazetteer, it was incorporated with Middleton but was still a "quondam" parish in 1870. The settlement is now referred to as Middleton with Fordley or Middleton cum Fordley. Middleton cum Fordley parish website has a good description of the present civil parish which has been in the Suffolk Coastal District since 1974.